HL7 International established its European Office as a private foundation in
Brussels in June 2010 to support its mission in creating HL7 standards and
frameworks that are widely and easily used enabling interoperability in
healthcare, also serving the specific needs of the European community and its
national HL7 affiliates.
2012 - This edition includes several articles on topics such as
SemanticHealthNet, the 13th International HL7 Interoperability Conference
the ISHEP conference, the joint HL7-GS1 workshop at MIE 2012 as well as
articles highlighting HL7 UK's succesful University Outreach Programme,
Bosnia and Herzegovina, and Romania in addition to several others
Specifically, the HL7 Foundation will support the mission of HL7
international through activities focused in cross-border eHealth
interoperability in the wider European region by:
- promoting the use of the HL7 framework and protocol specifications
- encouraging the use of the HL7 framework and protocol specifications by
health systems and service providers
- Seeking formal accreditation for these HL7 protocol specifications where
- generally, promoting high quality, cost-effective use of information
systems in the widest variety of health and healthcare related environments.
Moreover, the HL7 Foundation may notably contribute directly or indirectly,
in collaboration with HL7 affiliates and other stakeholders to the development
and adoption of HL7 standards and frameworks:
- Work with International and European Organizations and establish
- Mobilize resources from the public, private, and philanthropic sectors
- Participate in EU funded programs
- Run campaigns, organize conferences, seminars and fora
- Contribute to and conduct research and studies
- Publish and promote all documentation relating to the use of the framework
and protocol specifications developed by HL7 who shall exercise all
applicable copyrights to said materials.
- Support and contribute to clinical trials.
Visit HL7 Europe
Last modified 22/05/12